Monday, May 6, 2013

Last Blog


Mrs. Clinch I just finished taking the AP Lit exam and I thought that I was well prepared for the exam. All the timed writings we did in class really helped. So, I think that you should give next year's classes as many timed writings. In addition, I think that the multiple choice practices helped prepare me for the exam. Maybe to help next year's classes the multiple choice practices can start first semester as well, so they will be very well prepared for the multiple choice practice. The part of the exam I felt least confident was the multiple choice section, but that was mostly due to a certain passage about best friends and novels being terrible. I think that the numerous books we read in class really helped to give me plenty of options for my last essay during the AP exam, so I believe that next year's classes should read at least the same number of books. One thing I would suggest is getting rid of the poetry project and instead giving a smaller poetry analysis assignment, because it is very time consuming and exhausting. The students will still get to analyze poetry, so they will still get practice, and they will have more time to do other activities  I enjoyed when the class read together, since that means we can talk about the book more and that I would not have to read the book at home. So, I suggest that next year's class read more frequently in class, since it can help make them better remember the book and can give them more time to do other assignments at home. In addition, I suggest that the students watch more movie clips of the books we read in class, because it can help them memorize specific lines in the books, which will be useful on the AP exam. Although we had gotten a lot of practice, perhaps lessening the work load and allowing them to watch one movie before the exam would be nice during second semester. 

No comments:

Post a Comment